Re: [RFC] How about changing the default value of defaultRowFetchSize? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Subject Re: [RFC] How about changing the default value of defaultRowFetchSize?
Date
Re: [RFC] How about changing the default value of defaultRowFetchSize?  (Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
> [mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Dave Cramer
>     ​defaultRowFetchSize is not an internal number.​ If you set the
> property you get the value of the property.
>

> That I agree with. If you don't set it you get 0

You will get the value of defaultRowFetchSize if you don't call setFetchSize(), and the default value of
defaultRowFetchSizewill be, say, 100.  As I mentioned in the previous mail, I think getFetchSize() returns the actual
numberof rows, not the hint (0).

Any comments on the default value of defaultRowFetchSize?  There was a request for 1,000.  I think 100 would be
sufficient,considering the typical web pagination, for example.  Those who want to speed up batch apps by reducing
roundtrips can find the parameter and/or setFetchSize() and use them.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa