Re: Please take part in the PostgreSQL ecosystem survey - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Subject Re: Please take part in the PostgreSQL ecosystem survey
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

From: satoshi.nagayasu@gmail.com [mailto:satoshi.nagayasu@gmail.com]

2016/04/20 0:43 "Josh berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com>:

> Migration is a zero-sum game.  I'm more interested in new users who

> haven't already chosen a database.

+1.

And I'm also interested in developing some unique position/advantage of PostgreSQL in the database world, which means not just being "an alternative to XYZ".

I want to inspire more people to create something new by adopting PostgreSQL and open source. I believe that would be the differentiations.

Totally agreed.  As "The Innovator's Dilemma" series say, there are two types of disruptive innovation: new-market disruption and low-end disruption.  I believe PostgreSQL is expected on both sides.

Regards

Takayuki Tsunakawa