Re: Please take part in the PostgreSQL ecosystem survey - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Subject Re: Please take part in the PostgreSQL ecosystem survey
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> From: pgsql-advocacy-owner@postgresql.org
> Difference is, PostgreSQL adoption is growing whereas MySQL is not.

That's good news.  On the other hand, the problem/question is whether MySQL users will become inclined to migrate to
aotherdatabase.  I'm a bit pessimistic about it because those who like MySQL now will like MySQL/MariaDB in the
future...

> MariaDB could change that, though; they're picking up a lot of interest.

And Amazon Aurora?

BTW, AWS might develop something like Aurora based on PostgreSQL as a manager at AWS posted to pgsql-jobs a few days
ago.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa