Re: Please take part in the PostgreSQL ecosystem survey - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Darren Duncan
Subject Re: Please take part in the PostgreSQL ecosystem survey
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 2016-04-18 7:19 PM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
>> From: pgsql-advocacy-owner@postgresql.org
>> Difference is, PostgreSQL adoption is growing whereas MySQL is not.
>
> That's good news.  On the other hand, the problem/question is whether MySQL users will become inclined to migrate to
aotherdatabase.  I'm a bit pessimistic about it because those who like MySQL now will like MySQL/MariaDB in the
future...

On the other hand, there's the people who don't like MySQL and just use it
because that's what they're already using or don't know better; education can
help them be more informed and then its those who actually prefer MySQL that
would stay there any longer than they have to. -- Darren Duncan