Array load from remote site through Perl/DBI - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gauthier, Dave
Subject Array load from remote site through Perl/DBI
Date
Re: Array load from remote site through Perl/DBI  ("Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Re: Array load from remote site through Perl/DBI  ("Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general

I have a perl/dbi app that loads my DB with sequential and discrete insert statements.  Runs very fast and I’m satisfied with it.  Now I have to run the same app from a different site, but loading my local DB.  The “one at a time” inserts take too long, probably because of the client/server delays incurred with the remote DB attach.

I was thinking of pooling all the data for the insert into arrays and then doing a single array insert, therby cutting down on all the back/forth.  But there may be other approaches.

Again, Perl/DBI, remote attach, Running v8.2.0 on Linux

Thanks

-dave