To OID or not to OID - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Parker
Subject To OID or not to OID
Date
List pgsql-general
I've been looking through the archives for guidance on whether or not we
should create our tables WITHOUT OIDS. I've seen some discussions about
making WITHOUT the default for user tables, and seen some caveats about
the oid int value wrapping, etc., but I haven't been able to find a
discussion of the relative merits (I'm sure there's been one....)

Is there any concrete reason NOT to create tables WITHOUT OIDS? We are
going to have some very large tables in our app, so saving the space and
not worrying about int-wrap seems like a good idea, but I'm worried that
I'm missing something.

-  DAP
David Parker    Tazz Networks    (401) 709-5130