Re: Backend protocol wanted features - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kevin Wooten
Subject Re: Backend protocol wanted features
Date
Re: Backend protocol wanted features  (Kevin Wooten <kdubb@me.com>)
Re: Backend protocol wanted features  (Álvaro Hernández Tortosa <aht@8Kdata.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Add “schema change notifications”.

Currently “-ng” uses a bit of magic, mid query, to detect when schema changes have occurred. This is how the binary
typesremain correctly mapped.  A notification sent whenever a type (basically anything in pg_type) is altered in any
waywould solve this problem perfectly. It would be best if the notification included the type oids that changed.

The infrastructure is already there in both needed respects, notifications & it already knows internally about the
changes)so this should be something that could be easily added to the current protocol.