Re: Joining one-to-one and one-to-many tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Garrett Murphy
Subject Re: Joining one-to-one and one-to-many tables
Date
List pgsql-general
Jeff:

I may not fully understand the situation or the data you're trying to retrieve, but if you're trying to get "show me
alltrainers whose current status is Pending", I would go backwards to how you're doing it.  If you're only concerned
aboutthose records with tr_date_name = Pending, then you only need to query for those specific records and join to
trainers_trainer_dates.

SELECT
   pp_id,
   pp_trainer_id,
   name,
   tr_status,
   trs_tr_date_recorded
FROM
    trainer_dates
    JOIN trainers_trainer_dates ON tr_date_id = trs_tr_date_id
    JOIN people ON trs_tr_date_pp_id = pp_id
WHERE
    tr_status='Pending'