Re: 4th draft up -- get your comments in! - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Lance Obermeyer
Subject Re: 4th draft up -- get your comments in!
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I like it.

Only one nitpick.  In the features section, we twice say the feature is for 8.1.  That seems  implied to me.  I
recommenddropping the clause "for 8.1" in "the buffer manager for 8.1 has..." and "in version 8.1," in "in version 8.1,
thequery planner is ..."

Other than that, thumbs up from me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Berkus [mailto:josh@agliodbs.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 6:19 PM
To: pgsql-advocacy@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgsql-advocacy] 4th draft up -- get your comments in!

Folks,

There's a 4th draft up.   I made the following changes:

-- I replaced the technical summary in the first paragraph with a "business
summary", explaining what the new features *mean* to Joe User.  This was
on the advice of GreenPlum's public relations staff.

-- Moved a sentence from the 2nd P to the 1st P

-- Replaced Lance's quote.

Given that time is short, and we could tinker with this forever, I'm going
to close re-writes and declare it final on Saturday afternoon (PDT).  So
get your edits in now!

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus