Re: Error: "remote query result rowtype does not match the specifiedFROM clause rowtype," on remote function call - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Error: "remote query result rowtype does not match the specifiedFROM clause rowtype," on remote function call
Date
In response to Error: "remote query result rowtype does not match the specified FROMclause rowtype," on remote function call  (Antonio Gomez <AGomez@EBSCO.COM>)
Responses Re: Error: "remote query result rowtype does not match the specifiedFROM clause rowtype," on remote function call  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 3/25/19 3:20 PM, Antonio Gomez wrote:
> I figured it out, you have to specify the type twice, once inside the remote call and once outside.
>
> Like this:
>
>     SELECT * FROM dblink('conn_str', 'select public._test1() as x(a int ,b int)') as x(a int ,b int);
>
> Not optimal and not readily discernible, but there it is.

Actually it sort of is, once I started working on a test:

select * from public._test1();
ERROR:  a column definition list is required for functions returning
"record"
LINE 1: select * from public._test1();

Have you looked at postresql_fdw?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/postgres-fdw.html