Error: "remote query result rowtype does not match the specified FROMclause rowtype," on remote function call - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Antonio Gomez
Subject Error: "remote query result rowtype does not match the specified FROMclause rowtype," on remote function call
Date
Responses Re: Error: "remote query result rowtype does not match the specifiedFROM clause rowtype," on remote function call  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general

This is my remote function:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION public._test1()

RETURNS record

LANGUAGE plpgsql

AS $function$

DECLARE

rec record;

BEGIN

  select 1,2 into rec;

  return rec;

END $function$;

This is my local function call:

SELECT x.a, x.b

FROM dblink('conn_str', 'select public._test1();')

as x(a int ,b int);

This is the error thrown:

ERROR: remote query result rowtype does not match the specified FROM clause rowtype

Question:

Since DBLINK requires that I define a schema to place the function's return items, how do I make the call to recognize a record type being returned by the function.

Thanks!