Re: What happens if I create new threads from within a postgresql function? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Atri Sharma
Subject Re: What happens if I create new threads from within a postgresql function?
Date
List pgsql-general
Sent from my iPad

On 18-Feb-2013, at 22:38, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

>>>=20
>>> You can see the approach of not calling any PG-specific routines from
>>> theads here:
>>>=20
>>>   http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Parallel_Query_Execution#Approaches
>>=20
>>=20
>> Is there any way to locally synchronise the threads in my code,and
>> send the requests to the PostgreSQL backend one at a time? Like a waiting=

>> queue in my code?
>=20
> Is this from the client code?  That is easy from libpq using
> asynchronous queries.
>=20
>=20

Actually, I haven't yet faced any such scenario.I was just thinking of all t=
he possibilities that can happen in this case.Hehehe

If we want to do this from a function in PostgreSQL itself, would a local sy=
nchronisation mechanism work?

Regards,

Atri=