Re: snapper vs. HEAD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Turelinckx
Subject Re: snapper vs. HEAD
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Tom Lane wrote:
> Confirmed: building gistget with --enable-cassert, and all of snapper's
> compile/link options, produces something that passes regression.

Skate uses buildfarm default configuration, whereas snapper uses settings which are used when building postgresql
debianpackages. Debian packages are built without --enable-cassert, but most buildfarm animals build with
--enable-cassert.I specifically configured skate and snapper like that because I ran into such issues in the past
(wheredebian packages would fail to build on sparc, but buildfarm animals on debian sparc did not highlight the
issue).

In the past, I've already switched from gcc 4.6 to gcc 4.7 as a workaround for a similar compiler bug, but I can't
upgradeto a newer gcc without backporting it myself, so for the moment I've switched snapper to use -O1 instead of -O2,
forHEAD only.

Not sure whether wheezy on sparc 32-bit is very relevant today, but it's an exotic platform, so I try to keep those
buildfarmanimals alive as long as it's possible.

Best regards,
Tom Turelinckx