Re: snapper vs. HEAD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: snapper vs. HEAD
Date
Re: snapper vs. HEAD  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
"Tom Turelinckx" <pgbf@twiska.com> writes:
> In the past, I've already switched from gcc 4.6 to gcc 4.7 as a workaround for a similar compiler bug, but I can't
upgradeto a newer gcc without backporting it myself, so for the moment I've switched snapper to use -O1 instead of -O2,
forHEAD only.

Thanks!  But it doesn't seem to have taken: snapper just did a new run
that still failed, and it still seems to be using -O2.

> Not sure whether wheezy on sparc 32-bit is very relevant today, but it's
> an exotic platform, so I try to keep those buildfarm animals alive as
> long as it's possible.

Yeah, I've got a couple of those myself.  But perhaps it'd be sensible
to move to a newer Debian LTS release?  Or have they dropped Sparc
support altogether?

(As of this weekend, it seemed to be impossible to find the wheezy sparc
distribution images on-line anymore.  Fortunately I still had a download
of the dvd-1 image stashed away, or I would not have been able to recreate
my qemu VM for the purpose.  It's going to be very hard for any other PG
hackers to investigate that platform in future.)