Re: [HACKERS] ANALYZE command progress checker - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From vinayak
Subject Re: [HACKERS] ANALYZE command progress checker
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Ashutosh,

Thank you for reviewing the patch.

On 2017/03/18 21:00, Ashutosh Sharma wrote:
> Hi Vinayak,
>
> Here are couple of review comments that may need your attention.
>
> 1. Firstly, I am seeing some trailing whitespace errors when trying to
> apply your v3 patch using git apply command.
>
> [ashu@localhost postgresql]$ git apply pg_stat_progress_analyze_v3.patch
> pg_stat_progress_analyze_v3.patch:155: trailing whitespace.
> CREATE VIEW pg_stat_progress_analyze AS
> pg_stat_progress_analyze_v3.patch:156: trailing whitespace.
>      SELECT
> pg_stat_progress_analyze_v3.patch:157: trailing whitespace.
>          S.pid AS pid, S.datid AS datid, D.datname AS datname,
> pg_stat_progress_analyze_v3.patch:158: trailing whitespace.
>          S.relid AS relid,
> pg_stat_progress_analyze_v3.patch:159: trailing whitespace.
>          CASE S.param1 WHEN 0 THEN 'initializing'
> error: patch failed: doc/src/sgml/monitoring.sgml:521
I have tried to apply patch using "git apply" and it works fine in my
environment.
I use below command to apply the patch.
patch -p1 < pg_stat_progress_analyze_v3.patch
> 2) The test-case 'rules' is failing.  I think it's failing because in
> rules.sql 'ORDERBY viewname' is used which will put
> 'pg_stat_progress_analyze' ahead of 'pg_stat_progress_vacuum' in the
> list of catalog views. You may need to correct rules.out file
> accordingly. This is what i could see in rules.sql,
>
> SELECT viewname, definition FROM pg_views WHERE schemaname <>
> 'information_schema' ORDER BY viewname;
>
> I am still reviewing your patch and doing some testing. Will update if
> i find any issues. Thanks.
Understood. I have fixed it.

Regards,
Vinayak Pokale