Re: Oracle to PostgreSQL Migration - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Oracle to PostgreSQL Migration
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2023-03-24 at 08:00 +0000, Inzamam Shafiq wrote:
> Thanks, oracle_fdw can be used, but it doesn't provide real time sync, we have to
> schedule jobs to insert data in actual schema from foreign tables, so some delay might be there.

In addition to the commercial tools that Christophe mentioned, and which might be
your best option, let me point out that ora_migrator
(https://github.com/cybertec-postgresql/ora_migrator), which is open source and based
on oracle_fdw, offers some degree of what you are looking for using a cursor-based soution.
Certainly net refined and certainly not feasible in cases with high transactional
workload, but perhaps it can be useful for you.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe