Re: PostgreSQL vs MariaDB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Achilleas Mantzios - cloud
Subject Re: PostgreSQL vs MariaDB
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3/28/23 06:44, Thomas Guyot wrote:

> On 2023-03-24 07:07, Inzamam Shafiq wrote:
>> Hi Team,
>>
>> Hope you are doing well.
>>
>> Can someone please list pros and cons of MariaDB vs PostgreSQL that
>> actually needs serious consideration while choosing the right
>> database for large OLTP DBs (Terabytes)?
>>

> Someone with a strong sysadmin background, will likely be more
> comfortable setting up and maintaining MariaDB, and some of its
> plugable engines may also be worth considering, but that really depend
> on the type of load and hardware you will be using.

I believe this as well. Also PostgreSQL is more loved by developers due
to its academic and scientific origins.

Regarding the rest of commercial DB systems, using my PgSQL experience I
had no problems living with MS SQL Server, and I kinda felt at home when
it came to monitor MS SQL Server as well. Of course our main DB is
PostgreSQL.