Re: wxGTK2ud BuildRequires dependencies - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: wxGTK2ud BuildRequires dependencies
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

From: Adam H. Pendleton [mailto:fmonkey@fmonkey.net]
Sent: 18 November 2003 15:10
To: Dave Page
Cc: jm@poure.com; Andreas Pflug; pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] wxGTK2ud BuildRequires dependencies

Dave Page wrote:
No. They cannot retroactively change the licence on what we already
have.

I was thinking more in terms of future wxWindows snapshots.  Are we going to be stuck with what we currently have, or will we be able to integrate future wxWindows code?

Yes, that may be a problem. IANAL, but I still maintain that even if there is just one of Andreas' patches in the code then they cannot relicence it without his approval (or removing the code and reimplementing it clean-room style) anyway. Same applies to any contributions of course.

This is exactly why the pgAdmin II migration wizard is GPL and a seperate download - it is based on code from pgAdmin I which was GPL, and I couldn't contact all of the contributors.

Regards, Dave.