Re: pgAdmin bug? creating functions - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin bug? creating functions
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi Michael,

I have just commited a fix to cvs that should resolve this, and allow
you to create functions with class type arguments and return types as
well. This should appear in the next snapshot release (these can be
found at http://snake.pgadmin.org/snapshots for various platforms -
Windows ones are created manually every now and again by Andreas).

> A similar problem occurs when creating triggers. If doit
> (above) were a trigger function (ie, returns trigger),
> PgAdmin lists it in the pulldown when creating the trigger,
> but when it tries to create the trigger, the following error occurs:
>
>          ERROR: CreateTrigger: function doit() does not exist.

This already appears to be fixed.

> I think it might be a search path issue that the GUI isn't
> handling properly.

pgAdmin goes out of it's way to ignore the search path actually :-) It's
safer to prefix everything, some things just get missed though :-(

Thanks for the bug report.

Regards, Dave.