Re: Maintenance release - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Maintenance release
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

It's our first proper one as well! In pgAdmin II we just fixed bugs whilts chilling out post release!

Here's what we did this time. Immediately after release I created a REL-1_0_0_PATCHES branch in CVS. This is basically
acopy of the code made at that point in time (I actually made it based on the REL-1_0_0 tag). From that point on,
developmentcontinues in the main branch (aka, head or tip).

Whenever a bug is found in 1.0.0, it is fixed in the main branch. It may also be added to the patches branch which
requiresa second application of the patch, to the patch branch (I have 2 copies of the pgAdmin tree here at the
moment).Obviously as development continues, double patching becomes harder as the branches drift apart (it's also
possibleto only patch the patches branch and later merge the 2 branches back together, but that seemed like a potential
headacheto me). To ensure the stability of the patches branch we only include low impact fixes which is why I was so
againstupgrading wx (which I was eventually convinced to do, so yes, 20031010 is the wx build to use)...

The branches can be seen at http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/pgadmin3/CHANGELOG.txt?graph=1 in a nice
graphicalview.

Hth, regards, Dave.