Re: Convert database - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Convert database
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi

pgAdmin II has a migration wizard (a seperate download) that should be able to help you with this. Note that you will need MyODBC 2.50.19 - other versions often crash. http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin2

Yes, PostgreSQL has subselects, and in my experience they are very fast - I use them quite regularly.

Regards, Dave.
-----Original Message-----
From: DenBaguse MasRodjie [mailto:roji@mail15.com]
Sent: 03 October 2003 10:32
To: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [ODBC] Convert database

How to convert from MySQL to PostgreSQL.
I tried using DBTools, but to slowly. Converting 1 row taken around 0.25 second!!!!
Because i have database over 100MB on MySQL. Maybe over 3 days non-stop to converting.
Is there another way? I'm tried to using my2pg and mysql2pgsql. But error occured.
I want to migrate to PostgreSQL 'cause i have a problem on MySQL.'
MySQL doesn't support sub select on stable version (4.0.14) and too slow sub select query on alpha version (4.1.0).
Is PostgreSQL support that features? How fast it can execute?

Thank's

Roji