Re: Problem with functions - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Problem with functions
Date
List pgsql-cygwin

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Sydney-Smith [mailto:richard@ibisaustralia.com]
Sent: 26 August 2003 15:00
To: pgsql-cygwin@postgresql.org
Subject: [CYGWIN] Problem with functions

I have used pgadminII to create a series of functions. However it appears that they are all all given array parameters. ( see the definition shown below) If I create the function manually with a return type of "bool" instead of "bool[]" all is ok. However if I use pgadmin then I get a horrible error

ERROR:  array_in: Need to specify dimension

pgAdmin will happily create functions without using the array types - just select bool without the square brackets in the Returns combo box (check further down the list).

Regards, Dave.