Problem with functions - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Richard Sydney-Smith
Subject Problem with functions
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
I have used pgadminII to create a series of functions. However it appears that they are all all given array parameters. ( see the definition shown below) If I create the function manually with a return type of "bool" instead of "bool[]" all is ok. However if I use pgadmin then I get a horrible error

ERROR:  array_in: Need to specify dimension

I am happily using a number of procedure in SYBASE SQL Anywhere and am trying to port the database to postgresql. but this error now means I will have to edit them all!

Is there a way to change the behaviour of pgadmin or does everyone enter their functions as pure SQL?

thanks

Richard.

Error Message is :

ERROR:  array_in: Need to specify dimension

The attempt to activate the procedure is given as :

select test_fn();

and the function definition itself is:

-- Function: public.test_fn()

CREATE FUNCTION public.test_fn() RETURNS bool[] AS 'begin

return true;

end;' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;