Re: 7.3.4 upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Carl Youngblood
Subject Re: 7.3.4 upgrade
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Shame on you!

I just installed Postgres 7.3.4 using the cygwin setup program and now
the postmaster service can't start.  In /var/log/postmaster.log it says:

LOG:  FindExec: invalid binary "/usr/bin/postgres"
FATAL:  /usr/bin/postmaster: could not locate executable, bailing out...

Remember, I asked you if I could just install on top of the old one.
This obviously didn't work.  Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks,
Carl Youngblood

Claudio Natoli wrote:

>>I've got 7.3.3 working just fine in cygwin now.  If I merely install the
>>latest 7.3.4 postgres package with the cygwin setup will it work?  Or do
>>I need to change other things too?
>>

>7.3.4 will work just fine in place of 7.3.3.
>
>Cheers,
>Claudio
>
>---
>WE HAVE MOVED - PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW CONTACT DETAILS:
>THE BASEMENT, 33 EWELL STREET, BALMAIN NSW 2041
>TEL: +61 2 9555 1544 FAX: +61 2 9555 6911
>Certain disclaimers and policies apply to all email sent from Memetrics.
>For the full text of these disclaimers and policies see
>http://www.memetrics.com/emailpolicy.html

Attachment