Re: Desktop integration - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Desktop integration
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Looks the same as mine, except I have full paths.

> In Debian, I put this file in two locations:
> /usr/share/applnk/Applications/   for kde
> /usr/share/gnome/apps/Applications/ for gnome

Yes. I only have KDE, so I've put the file in /opt/kde/share/applnk/Databases. Unfortunately this doesn't want to work.
IfI add the icon using the menu editor, an almost identical desktop file is created which works fine. Looking on the
nettells me this is the right thing to do, however it seems like I need to kick KDE into re-reading the files (a
restartdoesn't help).

Any ideas? BTW, the desktop file is in pkg/slackware/pgadmin3.desktop

Regards, Dave.