Re: Font problem - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Font problem
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
blacknoz@club-internet.fr wrote:

>Hi Andreas,
>
>can you please quickly explain to me the way fonts are handled in pgAdmin III and which fonts I should check for
existence? I'm currently looking to the problem reported on Debian unstable and I can't reproduce it. You talked about
"helvetica",are you requesting a particular font pattern hardcoded in the source ? I've tried to change font
preferencesin Gnome an it acts on some of the fonts displayed in pgA3 but not all.

Hi Raphaël,

if I knew...
There's only a single place where the font is modified explicitely,
that's for SQL syntax highlighting boxes, which can be modified using
the appropriate option. The rest of the app is left to wxWindows, which
(should) select a font as appropriate. Actually, I don't know how wx
does the font selection, it may well be that we found a bug. Seems we
have to go to wx mailing lists to find out what's happening.
I compared the font used by pgadmin3 to the desktop font visibly and
thus assumed it's helvetica.11.

Regards,
Andreas