Re: pgAdmin III Reverse Engineered SQL for RULES - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin III Reverse Engineered SQL for RULES
Date
Re: pgAdmin III Reverse Engineered SQL for RULES
List pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Fraser [mailto:demolish@cwgsy.net]
Sent: 15 August 2003 00:51
To: [pgADMIN]
Subject: [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin III Reverse Engineered SQL for RULES

Haven't checked the latest version.
Running pgAdmin III 0.8.0 devel 3rd Aug.

Feature requests:
1)
The reverse engineered SQL code for RULES does not include the *normal* commented out -- DROP RULE ...
Which I find very handy in most of the other reverse engineered SQL code.

Fixed. You can also now create DO INSTEAD NOTHING rules which were previously only possible if you padded out the definition with a few spaces or CRs.

2)
RULES are displayed as CREATE RULE .....
Slightly more convenient would be CREATE OR REPLACE RULE ....

Not sure about the best way to fix this. In 7.3, the definition from PostgreSQL is run through some code to format it more nicely. We technically could insert OR REPLACE in there, but I'm not overly happy with solution. In 7.4, the definition comes straight from PostgreSQL.

Any thoughts Andreas?

Regards, Dave.