Re: Some remarks to pgadmin III - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Some remarks to pgadmin III
Date
Re: Some remarks to pgadmin III  ("Adam H. Pendleton" <fmonkey@fmonkey.net>)
List pgadmin-hackers

I consider it a bug. It's not uncommon for corporate networks to prevent
direct TCP/IP connections to the outside world.

> >>o Dropped servers reappear when changing "display system
> objects" due
> >>to the disconnect/tree refresh
> >>

> >Added to Bugs
> >
> I really believe this isn't worth the effort. Even pgAdmin3
> may have a
> spot of weird behaviour....

Hmm, again I think a bug. If we're going to have something wierd, let's
at least make it a decent quality easter egg... ;-) (thinks Doom style
gallery of developer's servered head on pikes!)

> >>o Crtl-A (select all) does not work in most of the text boxes  e.g.
> >>analyse/vacuum message window
> >>      Databse properties comment
> >>

> Not a bug; Ctrl-A is not a standard key for text boxes. Use Home and
> Shift-End instead. Only STC boxes know this key sequence. If we start
> implementing every key that STC knows we will go mad.

Ctrl-A is standard as far as I am aware - I use it all the time in
numerous apps.

Regards, Dave.