Re: Error compiling pgAdmin3 from CVS - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Error compiling pgAdmin3 from CVS
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Jean-Michel

Don't feel stupid - it's not like this is widely tested or anything yet. Not to mention you come from a VB background,
notC.

> Everytime I
> try, a different
> problem arises. Now, it fails at the very begining.
>
> I use wxWindows 2.4 stock distribution.
> Would someone be so kind to help me.
>
> Cheers,
> Jean-Michel

> *****************
>
> include/pgSchema.h:28: appel du surchargé «wxString(const
> char[1])» est
>    ambigu
> /usr/local/include/wx/string.h:320: candidates are:
> wxString::wxString(const
>    wxWCharBuffer&) <near match>
> /usr/local/include/wx/string.h:303:
> wxString::wxString(wchar_t,
>    unsigned int = 1) <near match>
> /usr/local/include/wx/string.h:288:
> wxString::wxString(const
>    wxString&) <near match>
> /usr/local/include/wx/string.h:281:
> wxString::wxString(int)
>    <near match>

Not sure about that - it compiles fine here so I guess it's just your compiler being a little more verbose. I'm
guessingit's a warning not an error as compilation seems to continue?

> pgAdmin3.cpp: Dans member function « virtual bool
> pgAdmin3::OnInit() »:
> pgAdmin3.cpp:144: ne peut convertir « const char* » à « const
> wxChar* »
>    pour l'argument « 1 » vers « void wxLogFatalError(const
> wxChar*, ...) »

That is one of the new __() macros. Your system doesn't seem to want to use const char* __("String Here") in place of a
wxChar*wxT("String Here").

Again, compiles fine on Windows XP and Slackware 9 here. What compiler/libs etc do you have? My Slackware box is
runninggcc 3.2.2 and glibc 2.3.1

Regards, Dave