Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Well what I *really* need has been made quite clear in other posts, but,
when I say resultset in the same sentence as pgAdmin, I'm referring to
the ability to enter an arbitrary SQL query, have the results displayed
in a grid, which can then be editted. To do this pgAdmin needs to be
able to figure out enough info about the source of the data to generate
the required insert/update/delete statements.

It also happens that ODBC, JDBC etc, also need the same information to
meet their specs.

Regards, Dave.