Re: More bugs - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: More bugs
Date
List pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Fraser [mailto:demolish@cwgsy.net]
Sent: 12 December 2002 16:33
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] More bugs

PostgreSQL 7.3
OS: W2K SP2
pgAdminII: 1.4.8

1) This is probably a bug in the back end and so not sure if I should be reporting it here.
Dropping a rule on a table fails.
12/12/2002 16:11:59 - SQL (CISX): DROP RULE public.rul_tbl_contrib_ins ON tbl_contrib
12/12/2002 16:11:59 - Error in pgAdmin II:basActions.Drop: -2147467259 - ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "." at character 17

Fixed.

2) Not sure whether you would classify this as a bug?
If you try to edit an existing view but don't have superuser rights, it seems as thought pgAdmin creates a temporary view, deletes the old one and then renames the new one or something along those line. Basically it fails and in the process leaves a temporary view behind.

Yeah, it's a hack in pgAdmin to let you modify a view which PostgreSQL doesn't allow yet. It fails if you do not own it or are not a superuser. I'll have too look at this one some more.

I have added a new snapshot to http://cvs.pgadmin.org in the binaries folder. Please download it (all files, I changed an interface) and give it a whirl.

Regards, Dave.