Re: Run function privileges - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Run function privileges
Date
List pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Fraser [mailto:demolish@cwgsy.net]
Sent: 12 December 2002 17:53
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Run function privileges

Thanks for that Dave,
you're a STAR when it come to response time. Not use to such fast responses.

Thanks. Luckily I just finished Uni for the holidays so I only need to worry 'bout pgAdmin and the day job at the moment!!

I have another question about functions.
Functions in 7.3 support running with the privileges of the creator (SECURITY DEFINER) this is incredibly useful (no more view work-arounds). My question is having created such a function how do I know what privileges it will be run at? The SQL definition doesn't show the SECURITY DEFINER modifier and I don't see it displayed in any form as part of the properties.

Added for the next snapshot.

Regards, Dave.