Re: Transfer database tables to a schema - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Travers
Subject Re: Transfer database tables to a schema
Date
List pgsql-general
Try this:
(tested for PostgreSQL 7.4)
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION move_relation(VARCHAR, VARCHAR, VARCHAR)
RETURNS BOOL
AS '
-- $1 is the table name
-- $2 is the source schema
-- $3 is the destination schema
--
        UPDATE pg_catalog.pg_class
        SET relnamespace = (SELECT oid FROM pg_catalog.pg_namespace

        UPDATE pg_catalog.pg_type
        SET typnamespace = (SELECT oid FROM pg_catalog.pg_namespace
                                WHERE nspname = $3)
        WHERE typnamespace = (SELECT oid FROM pg_catalog.pg_namespace
                                WHERE nspname = $2)
                AND typname = $1;

        SELECT TRUE;
' LANGUAGE SQL;