PostgreSQL, ODBCExpress and locales - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Bolenok
Subject PostgreSQL, ODBCExpress and locales
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I'm going to use PostgreSQL ODBC Driver + ODBCExpress Delphi components for
the client part of my PostgreSQL system (Yes, I tried WinZEOS but found them
to be too buggy). Unfortunately, ODBCExpress supports no locale settings, so
I will be able to keep my data only in Windows 1251 codepage format (not a
Linux native KOI-8), and I won't be able to sort the data properly.

Does anybody know how can one handle such a situation?

Sorry for a little offtopic,

Alex Bolenok.