Re: JDBC Connection - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: JDBC Connection
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Guido,

Instead of adding it to PATH, you have to add it to an environment
variable CLASSPATH

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Guido
Sent: November 8, 2001 3:15 PM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] JDBC Connection

Hi everybody, here's my poroblem:

Distibution - RH 7.1
JDK - 1.3.1

I try to connect to the pgsql data base with my application but all I
get
it's the following exception
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver
which is thrown by
    Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");

I followed the instructions on the Programmer's Guide by exporting

    /usr/java/jdk1.3.1_01/lib/jdbc7.1-1.2.jar (the dir where I've
put
the jdbc driver)

to my PATH.
When I echo the PATH I get the correct sequence.

Thanks for all the help you can give me.

Guido

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster