Re: WIN32 native ... lets start?!? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Naeslund(f)
Subject Re: WIN32 native ... lets start?!?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, 2002-05-16 at 13:47, Joerg Hessdoerfer wrote:
> > So, my route would be to get it to run *somehow* without paying
> > attention to speed and not to change much of the existing code,
> > THEN see how we could get rid of fork() on windows.

What is the biggest problem here?
The Shmem/IPC stuff, or the fork() stuff?
I'm think that we could do a fork() implementation in usermode by copying the memory allocations.
How fast that would be regarding the context switches, i don't know, but i'm willing to experiment some to see how
feesiblethis is...

Anyone tried this before?

Magnus