Counterproposal, re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chris Travers
Subject Counterproposal, re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>
<snip>
> Until it tangents because someone brings up something they thing is
> relevant but nobody else does ...

This is, I think a very good point.  Creating another list does not solve
the problem unless the moderator wants to approve each and every post, and
even then discussions can wander.

I have what I believe to be a better solution.  Why doesn;t everybody who
wants to help Ron out email him personally and CC the list?  Help Ron to
subscribe with nomail option, and then his discussion comes through but he
is not burdoned with others.  This way the discussion is still here but
Ron's needs are also met.

My $0.02 worth.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers