Re: Will Open Source be forced to go Proprietary - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Will Open Source be forced to go Proprietary
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Chris Travers wrote:

> [...]

But the MySQL description says:

    http://www.mysql.com/products/opensource-license.html

    Under the Open Source License, you must release the complete source code
    for the application that is built on MySQL.

What does that mean, "built on MySQL".  I think that means "depends" on
MySQL.  At least I have heard that description:

    http://www.edwardbear.org/serendipity/archives/1193_My_Beef_with_MySQLs_License.html