Re: Archive command seem to be working. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Crouch
Subject Re: Archive command seem to be working.
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Chris,
             Assuming the error condition is resolved, the process should restart automatically.  However, one issue we have found is that there appears to be an upper limit to how many files `test` can actually check for existence.    We found that it was returning 1 in error and hence wasn't archiving the files.  Replacing test with the perl equivalent seemed to sidestep this issue.

Your archive command would look something like:
perl -e 'exit 1 if -e "/data/pgsql/backups/wal_arch/%f.gz"' && cp %p  /var/lib/pgsql/backups/wal_arch/%f

Don't forget to properly escape the quotes.

You should be able to update the archive command by reloading the configuration:    '/sbin/service postgresql reload' or equivalent for your system.

After the configuration is loaded (and you aren't hitting any other system limitations) it should begin archiving the files again.

Cheers,
Andrew