Re: Talking with other Dbases. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daryl Chance
Subject Re: Talking with other Dbases.
Date
List pgsql-general
> Why not just have the application do both?  You won't get the integrity
> of transactions, but mysql doesn't give you that anyway...  ;-)
>
> Pardon me if I misunderstood what you were trying to do.

Right now I'm just trying to do some preliminary planning,
(hell, V1.0 isn't release JUST yet (day or so) :P) so I'm
still kicking around some ideas about how I want to go about
doing this.  Maybe have a cron job that runs once every hour
from the clients servers to update the central server.  The
data doesn't have to be realtime, but it would be nice to be
somewhat up-to-date :).  As for the clients writing to it, it's
not necessary at all, and not really needed.  The clients will
have a server in thier lan, and the servers will be updating
to the wan server :).

But, I have a while before I start on V2.0, so for right
now it's gathering info and running tests to see what
works best.

Thanks,
| Daryl Chance   | I have made this letter longer then |
| Valuedata, LLC | usual because I lacked the time to  |
| Memphis, TN    | make it shorter.   -- Blaise Pascal |