Talking with other Dbases. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daryl Chance
Subject Talking with other Dbases.
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm pretty new to PgSQL (been lurking) and am wondering if
it's possible to talk with other DB's easily?  I'm using
FreeBSD atm and the project I'm working on will be moving
from dbase to postgres in the next release.  It will also
have a web based side to it that I plan on using MySQL for
possibly, since all it's going to do is return records.
(I have yet to do some testing between postgres and mysql
to determine if pgsql would be sufficient or mysql would
work better).

Is it possible to write data to other databases?  Also
is it possible to get a secure connection between 2 postgres
databases, or other databases for that matter?  Either through
ssh or Kerberos(sp?) etc etc.

Thanks,
| Daryl Chance   | I have made this letter longer then |
| Valuedata, LLC | usual because I lacked the time to  |
| Memphis, TN    | make it shorter.   -- Blaise Pascal |