Re: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Error could not open file"base/": No such file or directory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Error could not open file"base/": No such file or directory
Date
In response to org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Error could not open file "base/":No such file or directory  (Raghavendra Rao J S V <raghavendrajsv@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 03/05/2018 05:54 PM, Raghavendra Rao J S V wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Few of the tables and indexes are bloated though auto vacuum has enables.
>
> Two reclaim the space vacuum, I have ran vacuum full on the larger
> tables and also performed reindex on the indexes which are in larger
> size. Now the size of the database is in control.
>
> After perfoming the vacuum full and reindexing on larger tables, I am
> facing below error.
>
> *org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Error could not open file "base/":
> No such file or directory*

Assuming the database is up and running then base/ is actually there:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/storage-file-layout.html

When I know a file or directory exists and I see an error like:

'Error could not open file "base/": No such file or directory '

then I generally check permissions on said file/directory. In particular
does the app throwing the error having the permissions to 'see' the
file/directory?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com