Re: Re: Problem with Dates - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Glen and Rosanne Eustace
Subject Re: Re: Problem with Dates
Date
Re: Re: Problem with Dates  ("Brett W. McCoy" <bmccoy@chapelperilous.net>)
Re: Re: Problem with Dates  (Christopher Sawtell <csawtell@xtra.co.nz>)
List pgsql-sql
> Could one of you try it in 7.1 (beta3 or later)?  We've changed some
> details of the way daylight-savings transitions are handled in
> date-to-timestamp conversions, so I think this might be fixed now.
> It's worth checking anyway.

I would prefer not to upgrade right at the moment, as my development
system is in the middle of a migration exercise ( hence the discovery of
this bug ).

If some one else is running 7.1 already and can just change their
timezone to New Zealand DT and report the results it would be great.

> Also, what do you get from '31/12/2000'::date::timestamp?

template1=# select '31/12/2000'::date::timestamp
template1-# ;       ?column?
------------------------2001-01-01 00:00:00+13
(1 row)

template1=#