Re: NOT EXIST for PREPARE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yury Zhuravlev
Subject Re: NOT EXIST for PREPARE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I have a big question. What need to do with message protocol?
If we write name in Parse message we store prepared statement.
I see some solutions for this problem but all not ideal:
1. We can add second char token for parse message. But too serious change.
2. We can try add parameter to tail of message. But in tail we have
variable length array with parameters.
3. Detect prefix of prepared name. For example "__". Effects think clear.

I would like to know the community opinion on this matter.

Thanks.

--
Yury Zhuravlev
The Russian Postgres Company