Great, big errors ... Again. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mitch Vincent
Subject Great, big errors ... Again.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ok, it appears the database backend is being stupid again, I'm getting all
kinds of errors.

From my PHP code, I'm getting this kind of error now:

heap_beginscan:
!RelationIsValid(relation) in classes/db_pgsql.inc on line 63
Database error: Invalid SQL: select
user_id_hash,session_id,user_id,agency_id,date_part('epoch',created) as
start,date_part('epoch',updated) as age from users_online where
user_id_hash='9de5085eac89de8be0169b6dc6801524'
PostgreSQL Error: 1 (ERROR: heap_beginscan: !RelationIsValid(relation) )
Session halted

I got "Sorry, too many clients already" -- a little while ago..

I'm running at debug level 3, but have nothing to show for it in the log
file except this :

NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:       The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.       I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to
terminate
your database system connection and exit.       Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: CleanupProc: sending SIGUSR1 to process
44639
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: CleanupProc: reinitializing shared memory
and semaphores
shmem_exit(0) [#0]

So.. Now that I've got it to break, any ideas on what I can do to figure out
why it's happening?  This is still a 6.5.3 server.. (I weas going to upgrade
today believe it or not.)

- Mitch

"The only real failure is quitting."