Re: RPM source files should be in CVS (was Re: psql -l) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: RPM source files should be in CVS (was Re: psql -l)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday 20 July 2001 12:03, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > The contrib-intarray.tar.gz is a new intarray from Red Hat -- I really
> > need to investigate this more closely....

> Can you research that?  Why are they doing it?

It looks like the updated intarray from Oleg.  The diff between what is in the
7.1.2 tarball (which is the same as what is in current CVS) is 26K (the whole
intarray directory du's at 192K), and appears to be extensive in nature, with
a warning that this is _only_ for PostgreSQL 7.1 and above.  Diff to 7.1.2
attached.

Oleg announced the new intarray in this message:
http://fts.postgresql.org/db/mw/msg.html?mid=120655  and there was discussion
following.  But I don't see this version in CURRENT CVS???  Hmmm.... I don't
see the README changes in current CVS, but I do see the code changes....

The contrib support in the RPMset is fairly new, and Trond made this change
that I synced in place.  Should I not ship the updated intarray?
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Attachment