Re: RPM source files should be in CVS (was Re: psql -l) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: RPM source files should be in CVS (was Re: psql -l)
Date
Re: RPM source files should be in CVS (was Re: psql -l)  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 18 July 2001 10:42 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> > While I understand Oliver's reasons for having the Debian stuff on the
> > debian server, I believe it would be appropriate to have the patchfile
> > and the various Debian README's available on the main postgresql site.

> ISTM that it'd be a good thing if current versions of all the add-on
> source files for both Debian and RedHat RPMs were part of our CVS tree
> (perhaps in /contrib, perhaps somewhere else, but anyway in the tree).
> Had I been able to find that "No database specified" string by grepping
> the sources, I'd have been much less mystified.  Likewise for the "peer"
> question a week or two back, and the questions we sometimes get about
> the behavior of startup scripts that aren't even part of our tarball.

Deja vu... didn't we have this discussion a month or two back?? :-) (
http://fts.postgresql.org/db/mw/msg.html?mid=115437#thread )

I'm all for it for the RPM's, at least, if others are game.  We left off with
the question of where it would best be stored....

There is, in fact, an outstanding issue with the RPM initscript that I'm
still working on -- the 'sometimes I get a failure that isn't really a
failure' deal....I can't reproduce it.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio