Re: Program to convert from PostgreSQL to Access or view table relationships - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Program to convert from PostgreSQL to Access or view table relationships
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Steve,

Have you considered using a PostgreSQL ODBC driver
(http://odbc.postgresql.org) and allowing Access to connect to the
PostgreSQL database directly?

Additionally, there's a listing of PostgreSQL related resources at :

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/oresources.php

In the "Administration Tools" section, it has a program called pgAdmin
(hosted by Great Bridge).  This might allow you to view table
relationships,  without MS Access.  Not sure, it's on my schedule to
take a look at this program in the next few days.

If you can make use of a unix box (probably linux) instead of Windows,
then DdDesigner might do the trick too (in the "ERD Tools" section).
Failing that, pgAccess (also in the "Administration Tools" section) can
be used to display a schema graphically, but you have to manually link
the table relationships together onscreen, and it can only generate
PostScript output files from what I remember.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift