Re: rtree index very large - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Zach
Subject Re: rtree index very large
Date
List pgsql-general
I tried this already (and I did it again to be sure). It had no effect on the
index size (which is ok., since there are probably only few empty pages in
the db).

My initial guess about the reason for the large index is wrong, since the
coordinates in the source data file have just a few digits accuracy.

still searching for an explanation,

Christopher