Re: 7.1.2 schedule (was Re: Posted 7.1 RPMs for Mandrake 7.2) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: 7.1.2 schedule (was Re: Posted 7.1 RPMs for Mandrake 7.2)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 08 May 2001 10:16, Tom Lane wrote:
> Thomas Lockhart <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> writes:
> > I've built RPMs for 7.1.1, but perhaps we should wait until 7.1.2 to
> > post them given the pgtcl problem? Lamar, what are you planning for
> > 7.1.1?

> Given my plpgsql screwup, and the dump-7.0-views thing that Philip wants
> to fix in pg_dump, I'd say there certainly will be a 7.1.2 pretty soon.
> But I think we should wait a couple more days and see if any other bug
> reports turn up.  Maybe we should plan for the end of the week?

Given a quick 7.1.2, I would rather go through the release pain once.  Is it
just me, or do we have terrible luck with .1 subreleases?  IIRC, 6.2.1 was
the last good x.y.1 release.  I'm not going to beat a dead horse, here,
though. :-)

HOWEVER, I _do_ have 7.1.1 RPMs built (minus some minor modifications) for
RedHat 7.1.  Thomas, would you mind e-mailing me any changes you made to
anything (other than the version diff)?  I have another patch from Trond to
apply to the initscript, and more testing would be nice.

If 7.1.2 is over a week away, I'll go ahead and release 7.1.1 RPMs -- but I
would really like to incorporate any patch to the plpgsql code, Tom, being
that I am a member of the OpenACS team :-O.  I can easily patch and release
7.1.1 RPMs that don't have the bug -- not that that is the best idea, by any
means, but it is for me just about a showstopper.

Or I need to release a 7.1-2 set that includes RPM-specific bugfixes to the
initscript and files list.

Thomas, which pgtcl problem are you referring to?

FWIW, my extant CHANGELOG entry for the 7.1.1 RPMs currently reads:
* Mon May 07 2001 Lamar Owen <lamar@postgresql.org> <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>
- 7.1.1
- 7.1.1-1 RPM release
- Changes to initscript courtesy Karl DeBisschop
- pg_restore was not in 7.1-1
- pl's back into /usr/lib/pgsql
- use groupadd's -o and -r switches.

As to the group write permissions, Thomas...... The perms on the RPMS subdir
now set g+w.  Sorry.  I'll need to set my umask a little more appropriately.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio